Special Transportation Services: STS Assistant
Name: Colton Juliano
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 27, 2017
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0007-2240-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 20, 2017
The STS Assistant assists the STS Director in the administration of non-regular Unitrans originated services.
Assist the Specialized Transportation Services Director in the office:
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Return voice messages
- Answer questions regarding charter and Tipsy Taxi services
- Take preliminary charter booking information
- Greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Generate reports
- File documents
- Draw up documents with correspondents
- Process billing and charter estimate paperwork
- Handle financial transactions
- Complete additional duties as assigned by STS Director
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to work with people in a personable and amicable manner
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Skills to use Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.