Office of Advocacy & Student Representation: Legislative Aide
Name: Samantha Chiang
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 Hrs/ Week
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2017
End Date: June 10, 2018
Job Number: 0031-2245-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 30, 2017
To assist the legislative director and chief legislative aide.
- Attend weekly OASR board meetings
- Make monthly trips to the state capitol, covered by the office
- Organize lobby visits
- Conduct bill tracking analysis
- Deliver lobby tranings
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Knowledge of Google Drive and Calendar
- Passion for legislative advocacy or a desire to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.