Office of Advocacy & Student Representation: Volunteer
Name: Samantha Chiang
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-4 Hrs/ Week
Start Date: Oct. 1, 2017
End Date: June 10, 2018
Job Number: 0031-2247-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 28, 2017
To cultivate skills in legislative and grassroots advocacy on a UC-Wide level.
- Attend weekly OASR meetings, Wednesday's at 7PM
- Assist in either legislative or grassroots advocacy efforts, or both.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to: drafting press releases, organizing trainings, organizing lobby visits, organizing student actions in response to current political climate, conducting legislative analysis, teach-ins, etc.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for social justice or advocacy
- Good communication skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.