Experimental College: Course Coordinator
Name: Stacey Wong
You can visit the Experimental College website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $75.93/Week (pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 6-8 hrs/week
Start Date: Aug. 20, 2017
End Date: June 9, 2018
Job Number: 0015-2252-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 15, 2017
To shadow our current Course Coordinator and train to be the Experimental College Course Coordinator for the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Update and publish written communication with instructors, including prospective instructor FAQ, quarterly newsletter, and instructor handbook.
2. Hold regular and timely departmental meetings with instructors.
3. With staff, schedule and hold interviews with prospective instructors.
4. With staff, select courses to be offered by reviewing course descriptions, course evaluations, and statistics.
5. Prepare paperwork for timely catalog production.
6. With staff, ensure accuracy of catalog.
7. With staff, solicit ideas and input toward development of innovative courses and seek out instructors for those courses.
8. With staff, attend courses to observe and pass out evaluations.
9. Analyze and summarize content of evaluations, and communicate results to instructors.
10. Keep regular office hours each week, report as required to EC director, assist with other EC needs as required.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
1. Ability to meet deadlines.
2. Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written.
3. Organizational skills to handle large numbers of people and details.
4. Fluency with basic office and internet skills.
5. Interest in EC philosophical basis.
6. Ability to be direct and assertive in the interests of the EC to instructors.
7. Show initiative with projects and improvements.
8. Ability to focus and work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.