Picnic Day: Operations Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2255-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 10, 2017
Organize and coordinate logistical/operations needs and set-ups for Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Plan Picnic Day kick-off with Vice Chair and Chair.
- Reserve rooms per request of Directors.
- Organize and coordinate vehicles, stages and stairs, tables, chairs, fencing, water hookups, recycling, solid waste, tents, field use, porta-potties, etc.
- Work closely with Facilities Services, MU, Grounds, Recycling, and Custodial Departments.
- Serve as the liaison between Picnic Day and Facilities; attend regular Facilities Services meetings.
- Prepare schedule and staffing for setting-up and taking down and returning stages, tents, picnic area, tables, chairs, fencing, signs, etc., throughout pre-week and on Picnic Day
- Create table/chair checkout system
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
- Identify food trucks, menus, and potential locations.
- Coordinate food truck expanded committee
- Mobility support: explore opportunities for elderly, etc. to get around campus.
- Submit info to graphics for SOE
- Secure commission payment
As part of your employment you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Operations Director? (200 words max)
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.