Picnic Day: Children's Discovery Fair Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2258-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 10, 2017
Organize and host the Children's Discovery Fair on Picnic Day; an educational, fun, safe, and family friendly event.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Identify and organize activities for children on Picnic Day (crafts, entertainment, exhibits, booths, and other educational activities)
- Work with student groups on and off campus to host a booth/exhibit.
- Facilitate Craft parties
- Manage Craft budget
- Recruit Assistant Directors
- Attend weekly Board meeting
- Hold mandatory office hours each week
- Prepare end of year Board Report
As part of your employment you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Detail Oriented
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.