Picnic Day: Publicity Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2259-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 10, 2017
Create and execute marketing strategy for Picnic Day. Work with the Aggie, the Enterprise, KDVS, other newspaper and radio stations in order to publicize all facets of Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive list of the media and their deadlines and contacts.
- Distribute Picnic Day poster and the Schedule of Events throughout the campus and community.
- Develop publicity strategies with Chair and Vice Chair.
- Work with Graphics Director in preparing a press video.
- Work with all Directors to assess their publicity needs.
- Keep a record of news articles.
- Attend weekly board meetings
- Attend mandatory office hours
- Hire, train, and lead Assistant Directors.
As part of your employment you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Writing Skills
- Responsible & Respectful
- Must demonstrate knowledge in various social medias including: Facebook, Instragram, and Snapchat.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Publicity Director? (200 words max)
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.