Picnic Day: Technical Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2263-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 24, 2017
Maintains the Picnic Day web site, coordinates with Creative Media, and ensures Picnic Day Board of Directors has all necessary technical equipment
- Keep a record of hits on the website.
- Work with the Graphics Director to post current photos and the events on the website.
- Manage Picnic Day office computers and coordinate e-mails.
- Work on website and update Picnic Day information daily.
- Arrange and organize telecommunications, including telephone lines into and out of the Picnic Day office, as well as radio and cell phone communications between Directors and university staff during Pre-Week and on Picnic Day.
- Contract sound providers and serve as the liaison between the Entertainment Director and his/her lineup of entertainment and the sound providers.
- Provide or arrange for amplified sound needed by any Directors or events.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Communication skills
- Know how to read html, Jara, etc.
- Website experience
- Time Management
- Responsible and respectful
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- 3. What do you hope to accomplish as Technical Director? (200 words max)
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.