Picnic Day: Volunteer Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2264-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 10, 2017
Recruit and coordinate 350 or more volunteers for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Provides volunteers to meet the needs of all Directors.
- Coordinates recruitment of volunteers through tabling on the quad, through the dorms, through the Aggie and other media, and through student organizations.
- Designs schedule spreadsheets and assignments for volunteers and is in contact with them via email.
- On Picnic Day, the Volunteer Director is in charge of the Volunteer Check-In area which includes: checking volunteers in/out, directing them where to go, and providing a meal voucher and t-shirt.
- Keep track of which student groups have fulfilled their volunteer requirements.
- Recruits and trains Assistant Directors
- Hold mandatory office hours each week beginning in Fall Quarter
- Attend weekly Board meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Prepares end of year report.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Organizational skills
- Communications skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- 3. What do you hope to accomplish as Volunteer Director? (200 words max)
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.