Picnic Day: Transportation Director
Name: Grace Gaither
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $759 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2017
End Date: May 29, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2265-2017
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 17, 2017
Serve as liaison between TAPS, Unitrans, campus Police, city Police and the Picnic Day Board.
- Attend regular planning meetings with TAPS and campus Police to plan comprehensive parking and traffic management system for visitors.
- Select, train, and supervise Assistant Directors
- Serve as liaison between campus departments and Picnic Day regarding parking needs.
- Design and issue special Picnic Day parking permits and coordinate signage for parking.
- Work with Unitrans to coordinate bus and shuttle services for Picnic Day.
- Create visible signage for the shuttle service.
- Prepare end-of-year report
- Attend weekly Board meetings
- Hold mandatory office hours each week, beginning Fall Quarter
- Work with Graphics Director to develop map(s) and parking and transportation information for website and schedule of events.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time Management
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Transportation Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.