Aggie Reuse Store: Upcycling Staff
Name: Nicole Garcia
You can visit the Aggie Reuse Store website to learn more about them.
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4-6 hrs/week
Start Date: Oct. 9, 2017
End Date: Dec. 8, 2017
Job Number: 0028-2281-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 14, 2017
Upcycling staff create crafts and art pieces out of reused and recycled materials, upholding Aggie Reuse's mission. In addition to supporting other teams within the organization, they also work as a cohesive team to plan and execute events to educate others about sustainability and creative reuse.
- Create art pieces/crafts out of reused materials found in storage and store
- Work in a team to create themed pieces and events
- Collaborate with other staff to brainstorm creative ways to reuse materials
- Plan and execute craft workshops to instruct students and community members about creative reuse and upcycling
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Design, creativity
- Teamwork skills
- Time management skills
- Interest/experience in crafting and sustainability a plus
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.