Aggie Reuse Store: Sales Staff
Name: Nicole Garcia
You can visit the Aggie Reuse Store website to learn more about them.
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4-6 hrs/wk
Start Date: Oct. 9, 2017
End Date: Dec. 8, 2017
Job Number: 0028-2284-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 14, 2017
Sales staff run operations of the store during business hours and work in various teams to plan and execute projects as outlined below.
- Hold weekly sales shifts which will be fulfilled at the same time and day each week and must be at least one hour in length
- Handle transactions, process and weigh donations, and greet customers
- Research and competitively price inventory
- Work in a team to create sales strategies, including planning and producing a sales event over the course of the quarter
- Work in a team to develop new strategies for inventory management, financial analysis, business metrics, and more
- Participate in weekly inventory rotations
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Eagerness to learn
- Teamwork abilities
- Knowledge of unit such as mission and history
- Interest in sales, marketing, and/or interior design a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.