Picnic Day: Vice Chair
Name: Jacquelyn Kong
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $1200 stipend*
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 23, 2013
End Date: June 12, 2014
Job Number: 0004-0229-2013
Last Date to Apply: July 15, 2013
To assist the chair.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Serves as primary assistant to Chair.
- Works closely with Chair to supervise Board members and oversee Picnic Day.
- Oversees approximately half of the Board that will be divided up by the Chair.
- Assists the Chair in preparing and organizing the Retreat and other social events.
- Chairs Board meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Holds weekly meetings with Chair.
- Attends other meetings as necessary.
- Work with the Business Director in drafting and sending out letters to businesses requesting sponsors to support Picnic Day.
- Works with Administrative Services Director to plan and organize the Administration Luncheon.
- Works with university to insure availability of adequate first aid and a Lost Children's Booth on Picnic Day.
- Coordinates selection and arrangements for Parade Marshals.
- Organizes and manages and staffs official Picnic Day Headquarters.
- Attends weekly Board meetings.
- Holds mandatory office hours 7-10 hrs per week.
- Selects and supervises 3 Assistant Directors.
- Prepares end-of year report.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.