Unitrans: Administrative Office Clerk
Name: Jack Breault
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-12 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2293-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 14, 2017
This position is located in the basement of South Hall. The Administrative Office Clerks have duties including accounts payable, pass distribution, pass sale money collection, billing, record-keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant.
UNITRANS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUMMERS AND BREAKS (Definitely June and July & Winter Break; time off negotiable around fiscal year end and audit schedules)
a. Collect mail and shop paperwork - date stamp, and sort appropriately.
b. Code and process all received paperwork with correct accounts.
c. Copy and deliver approved invoices to ASUCD for processing.
d. Update Excel spreadsheets for proper record keeping, filing away paperwork as necessary on a regular basis.
e. Contact shopkeeper,ASUCD, or vendors to troubleshoot basic discrepancies on invoices and orders.
f. Provide back-up support to office clerks in the Unitrans Business Office.
a. Collect money from pass sales from Unitrans Business Office and other outlets around Davis; deliver to ASUCD.
b. Keep records of the cash fare receipts from daily bus vault deposits.
a. Prepare, distribute, and log Unitrans Bus Passes to various selling locations in Davis.
b. Record all types of non-Unitrans bus passes received from bus vaults and return Yolobus passes as appropriate.
c. Go through all statements and DaFis to ensure payments were made.
d. Assist on special projects with Administrative Assistant as needed.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the assignments and/or instructions are unclear.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system.
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machine, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well with money and numbers.
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions.
- Have a Class C drivers license or another way of distributing passes off campus.
- Have good to excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work summers and breaks. (Most importantly, June and July)
- Submit complete resume and cover letter
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.