Office of Advocacy & Student Representation: Campus Organizing Director
Name: Daniel Nagey
Payrate: $69.80/week (pending budget approval, refer to budget for weeks paid)
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 7-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2018
Job Number: 0031-2299-2017
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 25, 2017
To lead all on the ground organizing activity regarding the UCSA campaigns that we are involved in, collaborating with campus groups to plan actions, and to aid in planning conferences.
**This position is a VOLUNTEER position 09/01/2017-09/23/2017; it becomes a paid position effective 09/24/2017-06/10/2018 (refer to budget for weeks paid)**
- Attendance at all UCSA board meetings
- Attendance at OASR staff meetings
- Collaborate with different groups on campus
- Organize student actions in response to current political climate
- Take lead in planning Students of Color Conference
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must have community organizing skills
- Experience in grassroot organizing
- Coalition building
- Expert rallying experience
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.