Picnic Day: Chair- Director
Name: Carissa Lowe
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-20 hrs. Fall, 20-25 hrs. Winter, 25+ hrs. Spring
Start Date: June 1, 2013
End Date: May 30, 2014
Job Number: 0004-0231-2013
Last Date to Apply: May 16, 2013
The Picnic Day Director manages, supervises, advises, and assists the 16 member Picnic Day Executive Board of Directors and its assistants.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Facilitate communication among the board, ASUCD, campus administration, and the public.
2. Serve as the main point of contact for Picnic Day.
3. Coordinate and ensure execution of plans for all operations and events that occur on Picnic Day.
4. Run weekly board meetings.
5. Must hold 5-8 weekly office hours during Fall Quarter, 8-10 hours during Winter Quarter, and 10-30 hours during Spring Quarter.
6. Must attend all ASUCD activity director retreats and training sessions.
7. Must be able to solve forseen and unforseen problems.
1. Interpersonal communication skills
2. Time management
3. Organization and planning skills
4. Willingness to contribute time and energy
5. Patience, perseverance, sense of humor
6. Previous Picnic Day experience preferred
7. Must attend the mandatory Fall Management Retreat.
*Pending approval of the ASUCD 2013-2014 Budget
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.