Picnic Day: Director/Chair
Name: Armando Figueroa
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $90 per week (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 20 hours per week
Start Date: Sept. 15, 2014
End Date: June 20, 2015
Job Number: 0004-0234-2014
Last Date to Apply: May 1, 2014
Charged with managing and overseeing Picnic Day, a unit that is responsible for the planning and execution of an annual opportunity for visitors to experience the richness of diversity and achievement at UC Davis and the surrounding community in the areas of research, teaching, service, and campus life.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to market
the unit and increase visibility
- Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Create and present a written
report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate, meet with adopted Senator for the unit
on a quarterly basis, and act as the liaison between the student government and
- Attend unit director trainings as
required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Business Manager
to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis Policies and Procedures.
- Work with the ASUCD Controller to
review and evaluate unit budget.
- Maintain Unit policies and
- Uphold, safeguard, and promote
ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, social
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
Perform administrative duties and
- Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time and project management
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of periodic finance
and accounting preferred.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.