Student Government: Academic Affairs Commissioner/Alternative
Name: Abigail Edwards
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-3 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 14, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2354-2017
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 22, 2017
The Academic Affairs Commission (AAC) is a legislative body of ASUCD concerned with academics and student needs regarding academics. The commission is responsible for working with administration, senate, and the students to work on academic campus-related issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly commission meetings held Wednesdays at 8pm
- Provide input and effective feedback on academic-related issues
- Coordinate meetings with faculty and administration when needed
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Open mind and positive attitude
- Good writing & communication skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- What 5 words describe you best?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.