Whole Earth Festival: Spacekeepers (Security) Coordinator
Name: Monica Dwight
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $213.57 one time stipend(pending budget approval/ refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hrs/week
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2017
End Date: May 18, 2018
Job Number: 0021-2392-2017
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 1, 2017
The SpaceKeepers Coordinator is responsible for overseeing that the festival runs smoothly and employing nonviolence as a style of conflict management should conflicts arise at the festival. You will be circulating at the festival to take care of any problems that may arise.
- Attend weekly meetings Thursdays @ 7pm, starting Winter Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival; May 11-13, 2018
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 9 & 10,2018) and the day after the festival (May 14,2018)
- Must submit a monthly Staff Report to Directors online
- Help facilitate nonviolence training workshops for volunteers
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help circulate for spacekeeping duty during the festival
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Works well with others
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.