Whole Earth Festival: Compost & Recycling Coordinator (3)
Name: Monica Dwight
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $237 one time stipend(pending budget approval/ refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hrs/week
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2017
End Date: May 18, 2018
Job Number: 0021-2409-2017
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 1, 2017
The Compost and Recycling Coordinators plan and oversee the zero-waste aspect of the Whole Earth Festival.
- Attend weekly meetings Thursdays @ 7pm, starting Winter Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 11-13, 2018
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 9 & 10, 2018) and the day after the festival (May 14th, 2018)
- Must submit a monthly Staff Report to Directors online
- Attend meetings with EH&S, Grounds, Facilities, and the Coffee House to organize usage of equipment and ensure compliance with university policy
- Provide the Logistics Coordinator with a list of needs for materials for the festival
- Communicate with vendors about the Compost and Recycling policies
- Familiarize yourself with compost and recycling practices to use at the festival and to educate others at the festival
- Set up and clean up the Compost and Recycling zone at the beginning and end of the festival
- Recruit volunteers to assist with waste diversion during the festival; this will help to ensure that each day of the festival's waste is sorted by the beginning of the next day
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Interested in zero-waste practices, composting, and recycling
- Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Good Communication
- Works well with others
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.