Picnic Day: Children's Discovery Fair Assistant Director
Name: Elise Pohlhammer
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Options: Transcript Notation
Hours per Week: 2-6 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: April 27, 2018
Job Number: 0004-2429-2017
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 29, 2017
To serve as part of the team that plans and executes the Children's Discovery Fair, which serves over 1,000 Children on Picnic Day.
- Weekly office hours: reaching out to campus groups, organizing booths, planning, and crafts
- Weekly board meeting
- Craft parties to prepare for the fair
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Committed and reliable
- Experience with, or desire to gain experience in working with children
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.