Student Government: Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission Members & Alternates
Name: Julienne Correa
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-8 hrs/week
Start Date: Nov. 3, 2017
End Date: June 5, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2442-2017
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 31, 2017
The Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission (ECAC) is a legislative body of ASUCD concerned about campus climate, policies, events and funding for historically underrepresented communities at UC Davis. The commission is responsible for investigating & recommending policies and programs concerning underrepresented communities at UC Davis. This commission writes and edits legislation regarding campus issues, ensuring that the student voice is heard within our student government. Fundraise for cultural events that empower cultural diversity, representation and awareness within the UCD student body, as well as the institution.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Commissioners must attend and actively participate in commission meetings and projects - assist in passing of legislation, grants, and funding
- Coordinate events or outreach to student orgs
- Provide input and effective solutions to the issues that affect underrepresented communities on our campus
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Open mind and positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Good writing & communication skills
- A level of cross-cultural understanding
- Previous and/or present connection to various ethnic or cultural organizations preferred; but, not required
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.