Student Government: Staff Volunteer for Senator Sigala
Name: Yajaira Ramirez Sigala
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-4 hrs/week
Start Date: Nov. 20, 2017
End Date: March 16, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2450-2017
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 15, 2017
To become familiarized with the role and resources of ASUCD. Being a part of Senator Sigala's Staff will provide an insight of the association, legislative process, and the importance of having community input throughout ASUCD.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assist Senator Sigala in any ASUCD matters
- Become familiarized with resources for undocumented students
- Advocate for the educational rights of underrepresented communities
- Work with DREAM Committee, SPEAK & Environmental Justice for Underrepresented Communities
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Attend an UndocuAlly Peer Training
- Commit 2-4 hours a week
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.