Unitrans: Marketing Assistant
Name: Marjory Ramos
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2451-2017
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 21, 2017
Assist the Unitrans Marketing Manager with the design and distribution of outreach materials. This job entails close coordination with the Marketing Manager and other Marketing Assistant to create both physical and digital promotional materials for internal and public marketing.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
Work on special projects such as:
Layout and design of flyers, brochures, and promotional items
Social media management including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Public relations activities such as
Participation in/assistance with public events
Delivery of schedules and other promotional materials
Implementation of marketing campaigns
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must be highly motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in computer and design programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, as well as Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Public relations and social media experience are highly desirable
- Copywriting and communications experience are highly recommended
- Must be creative both via artistic skills and problem solving abilities
- Must have knowledge of or willingness to learn and understand Unitrans operations
- Since this position is expected to produce creative work, applicants are required to bring a portfolio (physical or online) that portrays your creativity and design skills
- Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
- Experience planning and implementing marketing campaigns of your own.
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Hours are flexible.
- Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.