Unitrans: Transit Planning Assistant
Name: Emma Karzin
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2452-2017
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 21, 2017
Assistant in the Unitrans Transit Planning Department.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Attend regular Unitrans Planning meetings and occasional public meetings not during business hours.
2. Collect, analyze, and interpret data as directed by supervisor and suggest data that may be useful for route planning and scheduling decisions.
3. Offer input to Planning Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, and Assistant General Manager of Administration on proposed changes to Unitrans routes, stops, and times.
4. Complete independent Planning project quarterly as supervised by Planning Manager.
5. Assist Planning Manager in the documentation of trees that may interfere with transit, the quality of bus stops and/or shelters, and the ADA accessibility of stops.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
1. Must have well-developed knowledge of current Unitrans routes and schedule.
2. Must have well-developed knowledge of Davis roads and traffic patterns.
a. Knowledge may be obtained by bus riding and/or driving.
3. Must have good computer skills and a desirable level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
a. Experience with worksheets, databases, and GIS would be useful.
4. Must be able to communicate and work well with people.
5. Must be motivated to work on independent projects.
Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
Become better at working independently on several projects.
Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
Hours are flexible.
Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.