Student Government: Mental Health Initiative Event Leader and Volunteer
Name: Samantha Chiang
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 3-5 Hours/week
Start Date: April 2, 2018
End Date: June 10, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2568-2018
Last Date to Apply: March 7, 2018
To organize a themed day consisting of a tabling activity and larger event for Mental Health Awareness Month and participate as a team member with duties such as tabling and social media. LGBTQIA, people of color, folks with disabilities, working class people, and individuals bearing other underrepresented identities highly encouraged to all.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Plan a themed day for the UC Davis Mental Health
- Attend event correlated to the aforementioned themed day
- Attend group trainings and optional weekly meetings (2 mandatory)
- Contribute to publicity initiatives and/or activity facilitation
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for mental health advocacy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Ability to think creatively and critically, particularly with an intersectional lens
- Desire to learn and grow with a large team
- Kindness and empathy for fellow team members and communities
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.