Student Government: UC Davis Mental Health Initiative Publicity Coordinator
Name: Samantha Chiang
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: April 2, 2018
End Date: June 1, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2582-2018
Last Date to Apply: March 22, 2018
To coordinate publicity for the UC Davis Mental Health Initiative, secure 1000 registrants for the 2019 UC Davis Mental Health Conference, and bring 1500 people to participate in events across the 2019 UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month. The incoming Publicity Coordinator will receive training starting in April 2018.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Working in a team of over 80 individuals, delegating tasks to other team members and communicating with other board members
- Managing a sub-team of 4-6 individuals of your choosing
- Coordinating the following forms of publicity: flyers; campus LCD screens; tabling at the MU, Silo, Dining Commons, SCC, International Center, etc.; club and class presentations; social media; and listservs and newsletters
- Completing team member requirements including, but not limited to: suicide prevention and cultural humility training; weekly meetings; personal social media posting; and staffing events
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise in the process of completing the aforementioned tasks
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for mental health advocacy
- Ability to work diligently, independently, and efficiently
- Proficient use of social media, email, and Google Drive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in both small and large groups in a leadership capacity
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.