Unitrans: Shop Office Assistant
Name: Yanette Smith
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: MWF for 6-9 hrs./week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2586-2018
Last Date to Apply: March 29, 2018
This position is located at the Unitrans Pad on 800 Garrod Dr. The Shop Office Assistants have duties including data entry, payroll, and billing, record keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUMMERS AND BREAKS; time off negotiable
Transfer of drivers’ mechanical requests to work orders
Process all received paperwork with correct bus information.
Process invoices to provide to the Unitrans Business Office for further processing and approvals.
Balance fuel usage of diesel and CNG for Unitrans buses and support vehicles
Enter received inventory data of mechanic hours, work completed, and vehicle information into computer system
Balance student and career labor hours
Review and complete purchase orders for parts and materials
Upload purchase order information into the electronic system after data entry is completed
Update Excel documents to contribute towards monthly fuel reports
Answer phones and take messages when needed
Contact shop manager, shopkeeper, and the Unitrans Business Office to troubleshoot basic discrepancies on invoices and orders.
Maintain office filing, as per Federal and State Standards
Enter vehicle work order data of mechanics’ hours, work completed and vehicle information into computer system.
Run errands/distribute documents between business offices.
Other duties as assigned by Shop Administrative Assistant
Review time recorded from the previous pay week
Create manual timecards for the Shop students and career staff
File work orders, purchase orders, check in/check out sheets, and any other misc. document
Assist Shop Administrative Assistant in creating monthly billing reports
Assist Shop Manager and Storekeeper as needed
Conducting in-house audits to ensure that paperwork is filed and correctly.
Sample audits include, but not limited to:
verification that check in/check out sheets are properly transferred into work orders
ensuring purchase orders are entered properly into the Transit Fleet System
researching PM Histories to verify that PM work orders are properly entered into TF and filed in the cabinets correctly
Review the attached PM checklist to ensure that it corresponds to PM work order, that all areas are completely initialed and is correctly filed
Review vault checklist and verify location of vaults listed, add/remove vault numbers as appropriate
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Class C Driver’s License with a clean DMV driving record or another method of distributing documents/mail between business offices.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the assignments and/or instructions are unclear
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies and procedures
- Ability to work with basic office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machine, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work well with numbers
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions
- Good communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.