Student Government: Senator (Interim Spring & Fall Quarter)
Name: Michael Gofman
Payrate: $64.00/week(pending budget approval/ refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12 hours a week
Start Date: April 5, 2018
End Date: Dec. 8, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2600-2018
Last Date to Apply: April 3, 2018
The ASUCD Senate is responsible for maintenance, use and title to all ASUCD property, allocation of all ASUCD revenues, and the development of all policies and regulations necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of ASUCD. The Senate consists of twelve (12) elected members of the student body who represent the student voice at UC Davis. The Senate consists of twenty-two members, but only the twelve (12) Senators have the ability to vote.
As an ASUCD Senator, you would be a representative of the undergraduate student body, steward of student fees and oversight member of the $13 million dollar budget of services ASUCD provides.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend all meetings of the ASUCD Senate (every Thursday from 6 pm until completion)
- Fulfill all duties enumerated by the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws
- Stewarding student fees and assisting in development of student services & units
- Represent Student Interests to campus entities
- Work on projects/platforms to improve quality of student experience
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
-Passion for student issues and improving the quality of life for all UC Davis students
-Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfil the previously listed repsonsibilities
-Dedicated to learning about how to be successful as a Senator
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.