Student Government: Legislative Director for Senator Ko
Name: Ko Ser Lu Ktoo
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4 hrs/week
Start Date: April 12, 2018
End Date: March 15, 2019
Job Number: 0008-2601-2018
Last Date to Apply: April 5, 2018
Legislative Director advises Senator Htoo with Bills, drafts policy Bills, and drafts resolution Bills. Legislative Director is a policy expert to manage an active, dynamic legislative team and the office of Senator Htoo. The Legislative Director together with the legislative staff advises Senator Htoo on all legislative areas and assists in the development of policy positions and legislative initiatives and assists in managing the office's legislative staff.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend all weekly meetings
- Attend Senate Meeting
- Schedules and directs legislative staff meeting
- Writes and Reviews legislative memos
- Participates in the hiring of legislative staff, together with the Chief of Staff and Senator Htoo.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for student issues and improving the quality of life for all UC Davis students
- Adaptive Leader and Committed Team Player
- Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfill the previous listed responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.