Student Government: Gender & Sexuality Commission Chair
Name: Jake Sedgley
Payrate: $64/wk(pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12+ hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 15, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2628-2018
Last Date to Apply: April 15, 2018
The Chair of ASUCD GASC works to ensure ASUCD addresses issues pertaining to the LGBTQIA+ community, gender equity, sexuality & reproductive justice among other relevant topics. The Chair works with Commissioners and alternates as well as community members collectively to make recommendations on legislation, provide support and resources for organizations on campus with similar goals & put on relevant programming for the student body.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Represent the commission at weekly Senate meetings
- Hold 4 weekly office hours
- collaborate with commission members & other organizations outside meetings.
- Facilitate weekly GASC meetings
- Participate in hiring of Commissions/Alternates/Chair & other hiring committees
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must have a knowledge of social justice & experience with LGBTQIA+, feminists & social justice communities
- Be able to make recommendations on legistlation matters
- Have a desire to promote gender anxiety & social justice
- Must be willing to advocate with Students for policies that reflect honor and value different genders and sexualities among other marginalize identities
- Must undergo UndocuAlly training, PEACE training & LGBTQIA+ Allyship training - within 1st quarter of being hired.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.