Unitrans: Driver Trainer Manager
Name: Benjamin Linden
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.25/hr and $30/wk stipend (Pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2643-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 3, 2018
Assist Training Manager and provide oversight to Driver Trainers (DTs).
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee new trainees
1. Coordinate schedule of new hires and Driver Trainers.
2. Prepare new hire paperwork for Transit Driver and Driver Trainer positions.
3. Assist classroom training, including organizing Phase 1.
4. Schedule summer Driver Trainer training schedules coordinating bus board.
5. Check in with trainees during training.
5. Coordinate training between other Unitrans departments such as Support Services and Shop.
B. Oversee Driver Trainers
1. Assist Training Manager with Driver Trainer evaluations.
2. Oversee the Driver Trainer training process including post-qualification and related paperwork.
3. Assist Training Manager in running the bi-weekly Driver Trainer meetings.
4. Assist Training Manager in running Trainer Meetings alongside the Route Training Manager.
5. Track Driver Trainer success rate by surveying trainees and reviewing trainee driving records.
C. Other Responsibilities
1. Assist Training Manager in training department retreat planning and implementation.
2. Participate in all Driver Trainer hiring panels and coordinate Transit Driver hiring panels with Training Manager.
3. Meet weekly with Training Manager.
4. Maintain current paperwork and files.
5. Recruit Driver Trainers and promote the training department within Unitrans.
6. Coordinate quarterly driver evaluations with Route Training Manager.
7. Conduct summer refreshers for Driver Trainers in conjunction with Training Manager.
8. Assist Training Manager with evaluation of Driver Training Program.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
A. Must have at least 50 Driver Trainer training hours.
B. Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the past year.
C. Must be a learning resource for all Driver Trainers.
D. Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
E. Should provide leadership to Driver Trainers and Trainees.
F. Must be able to exercise sound independent judgement of self and others.
G. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
H. Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the Human Resources Manager, Route Supervisor Manager, Route Training Manager, Training Manager, and Transit Driver Manager.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.