Unitrans: Transit Conductor
Name: Emily Schall
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12 hours/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2694-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 14, 2018
Ensure the safety of Unitrans double-deck buses and passengers while assisting the driver in collecting
fare. Conductors will communicate with passengers and the bus driver to make sure everyone makes it
to their desired bus stops.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Ensure safe and reliable transportation of passengers on all Unitrans double-decker buses.
2. Memorize stops passengers wish to alight at, and communicate these requests to driver.
3. Collect fares, issue transfers and give out accurate route and schedule information.
4. Control and ensure the safe loading and unloading of passengers.
5. Keep passenger-count and on-time performance records.
6. Keep transit vehicle clean during service.
7. Must work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
8. Must attend three mandatory meetings a quarter.
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK BOTH SUMMER SESSION 1 AND 2**
THIS IS A NON-DRIVING POSITION.
THIS IS A SAFETY-SENSITIVE, DRUG-TESTED POSITION. Successful applicants will be part of a
random drug and alcohol testing pool as defined by federal regulations 49 CFR PART 40.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of individual responsibility.
2. Must be able to communicate clearly with other Unitrans employees and the general public.
3. Good public relations and customer service skills.
4. Desire to work with people in an amiable and personable manner.
5. Must be willing to work extra hours when demand requires it in order to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the transit system.
6. Must have possession of an accurate time piece which displays hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.