Unitrans: Web Developer
Name: Craig Lowe
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2696-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 24, 2018
Assist the IT Manager in building and maintaining web applications. As well as, maintaining the
computer workstations that Unitrans employees use on a daily basis.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Help develop the Unitrans Web Suite, an internal web application used to manage most of the
administrative and operational tasks within the company.
- Help to maintain the Unitrans network and its associated workstations. Including but not limited
to: technical support to users and deploying new workstations.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
B) Be able to manage Windows XP and Windows 7 based computers including:
1. Reformatting the Hard Drive, installing the OS, and installing third-party software.
2. Set up peripherals and providing technical support to users.
C) Experience working with a SQL based DBMS (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
D) Experience working with a version control system (Git or Subversion).
E) Experience developing in an MVC Framework (Django, Zend, Mach II).
F) Ability to work independently and meet development goals/deadlines.
1. Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different
kinds of people.
2. Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
3. Hours are flexible.
4. Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.