Unitrans: Customer Outreach Coordinator
Name: Alexandria Guzman
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-12 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2699-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 17, 2018
Provide customer support, handle customer queries, and coordinate campus and community outreach efforts.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Customer Service
1. Respond to inquiries on specific information regarding Unitrans service.
2. Give out accurate route and schedule information regarding Unitrans.
3. Update and maintain customer FAQ.
B. Travel Training Outreach
1. Manage Unitrans’ travel training program on how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation.
2. Conduct group and individual travel training activities, and recruit and train existing Unitrans
staff to assist with these activities.
3. Identify demographics/areas in the community that could benefit from travel training.
4. Reach out to various groups on campus and in the community to coordinate presentations as
5. Respond to requests from individuals to accompany them on bus trips to provide guidance on
how to complete a transit trip, including transfers.
6. Maintain a program evaluation process to identify areas needing improvement and/or additional
resources for proper implementation of outreach events.
C. Community Outreach
1. Assist the Business Office Manager in organizing Unitrans’ presence at various outreach events
throughout the year.
2. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at outreach events, including recruitment of
existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
3. Maintain relationships and contact information with external event coordinators.
4. Work with Unitrans Marketing staff to develop and edit content (flyers, booklets) appropriate for
distributing at each venue.
5. Assist with delivery of Unitrans’ schedules to schools, and businesses within Davis.
D. Data Collection
1. Assist the Planning Manager with conducting customer surveys
Skills and requirements
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility and problem-solving skill.
2. Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere.
4. Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
5. Ability to navigate a GPS-based website system and operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and
6. Good communication skills both on the phone and in person.
7. Ability to assess customers’ need to develop effective personal transit trip plans.
8. Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
9. Must be able to quickly learn Unitrans policy, procedures, and routes. Knowledge of the campus
and city of Davis is prefered.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license.
11. Must be available to attend Office Clerk meetings and weekly scheduled meetings with the
Business Office Manager.
12. MUST be able to work summers and breaks.
13. Must be available to start training immediately.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.