Unitrans: Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Name: Jack Breault
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5- 15 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2703-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 17, 2018
Assist the Human Resources Manager in sustaining current employee morale and facilitating morale-building activities for employees. Assist the Human Resources Manager in recruiting new employees.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Coordinate Retention Events and Activities for Employees
a. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss retention efforts and evaluate effectiveness
b. Plan at least two employee appreciation events per quarter
c. Create a calendar with the HRM of events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
d. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create content (media, designs, etc.) to
promote Unitrans retention events
e. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at retention events
f. Plan and execute the Winter Ball for employees and alumni
B. Facilitate Unitrans Employee Social Media Related to Retention
a. Oversee the Unitrans “Uni-ted Fun” Facebook page and keep it updated with current
b. Promote events and participation via social media and in-person interactions
C. Develop and Implement Recruitment Plans/Events for New Employees
a. Identify and coordinate recruitment opportunities throughout campus
b. Work with HRM to plan events to promote Unitrans positions
c. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss recruitment efforts and evaluate effectiveness
d. Create a calendar with the HRM of events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
e. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create content (flyers, booklets) to promote
f. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at recruitment events, including
recruitment of existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities
1. Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
2. Must be able to work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
3. Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
4. Must be able to communicate and maintain relationships along all lines of authority.
5. Must be able to work with people in a professional and amiable manner.
6. Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures,
7. Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
8. Ability to assess employee needs.
9. Comfortable and responsible with handling money.
10. Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures.
11. Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
*Recommended: effective means of personal transportation and the ability to transport event
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.