Student Government: Sexual Assault Awareness Advocacy Committee Chair
Name: Claire Chevallier
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-10 hours/week
Start Date: Sept. 24, 2018
End Date: June 6, 2019
Job Number: 0008-2715-2018
Last Date to Apply: May 31, 2018
The purpose of the SAAAC is to bring students together to provide intersectional, trauma informed advocacy for improving campus climate, and to facilitate the expansion of accessibility to educational resources about sexual violence, sexual harassment, and sexual assault. It is additionally the purpose of this committee to ensure that all students are made aware of the reporting process both through the university and law enforcement, victim advocacy resources, confidential support services, information about sexual violence in UC policies as well as students’ rights under Title IX.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work closely with the vice chair to lead meetings, delegate tasks, and communicate with other organizations
- Help oversee and manage committee members and their projects
- Actively voice your suggestions and feedback at meetings
- Help implement projects and events related to SUSH awareness, prevention and advocacy
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must be passionate about secual violence prevention and student activism
- Must have strong interest in taking initiative as a student leader
- Must be extrememly reliable, organized, and enthusiastic
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.