Picnic Day: Student Organization Fair Director
Name: Elise Pohlhammer
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $853 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 24, 2018
End Date: May 13, 2019
Job Number: 0004-2813-2018
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 16, 2018
Work with student organizations, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), Fire Prevention, and Environmental Health and Safety to produce the Student Organization Fair on the quad.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create applications and an application process for the Student Organization Fair.
- Work with over 80 student organizations to organize SOF on the quad.
- Coordinate the Food Booth Lottery, Food Booth Orientation and One-Stop Approval Meeting.
- Work closely with Environmental Health and Safety, Fire and CSI to implement university policies re: food sales.
- On Picnic Day, oversee the quad area to insure that the Fair runs smoothly.
- Help student organizations run food booths, fundraising tables, and information tables.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and weekly meetings with SOF advisor, and prepare end of year Board report.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Responsible and respectful
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- What do you hope to accomplish as SOF Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.