Picnic Day: Parade Director
Name: Elise Pohlhammer
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $853 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 24, 2018
End Date: May 13, 2019
Job Number: 0004-2830-2018
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 6, 2018
Plan and organize the event that kicks off Picnic Day, the Picnic Day Parade.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Recruit Parade entries, create applications that will be sent out to all departments, student groups, and off -campus groups.
- Organize the Parade entries - oversee set-up and coordination of parade.
- Prepare script for announcers.
- Work with the UC Davis and the City of Davis police departments and TAPS regarding permits, traffic and parking management for parade route and staging areas.
- Hire Assistant Directors, attend weekly board meetings, hold weekly office hours, and prepare end of year report.
As part of your employment you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Parade Director? (200 words max)
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.