Student Government: Gender & Sexuality Commission Chair
Name: Jake Sedgley
Payrate: $72/wk(pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 13, 2019
Job Number: 0008-2838-2018
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 30, 2018
To effectively lead the Gender and Sexuality Commission in carrying out its purpose as well as the duties of a commission chair. The GASC actively promotes awareness and advocacy on issues pertaining to gender and sexuality - which includes, but is not limited to sexual assault, reproductive issues, queer, and trans rights.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- attend and facilitate meetings
- submit quarter reports detailing the projects and actions of the commission
- attend the weekly scheduled ASUCD senate meetings
- hold a minimum of four (4) regular once hours each week
- post vacancy listings for GASC commissioners and certain committees of ASUCD
- plan and oversee events that are related to the commission's mission
- lead and facilitate competency training regarding issues relating to gender and sexuality
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- experience facilitating meetings
- experience event planning and preferred experience creating workshops
- knowledge of ASUCD protocol and bylaws on GASC's purpose
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.