Picnic Day: Entertainment Director
Name: Grace Scott
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $600 Stipend (pending budget)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 23, 2015
End Date: May 30, 2016
Job Number: 0004-0285-2015
Last Date to Apply: July 30, 2015
Recruits entertainment for 3 stages from campus and local performing groups.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Creates advertising materials, creates the process through which those groups can apply to perform, reviews demo tapes/CDs and holds auditions for campus/local groups.
- Selects 60-70 performing groups, drafts the entertainment schedule and introductions for performers and maintains contact with groups chosen to perform (sends them contracts, give them all needed information, coordinates parking and technical needs, etc.).
- Works with Technical Director to host training on stage equipment to ensure quality sound on Picnic Day.
- Recruits and trains Assistant Directors to work each stage and assist in general planning.
- Oversees all entertainment venues on Picnic Day.
- Prepares end-of -year report.
- Attends weekly Board meetings and other weekly meetings as necessary.
- Holds mandatory office hours 7-10 per week beginning Fall Quarter.
1. Organizational skills 2. Communication skills 3. Dependable 4. Punctual
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Entertainment Director? (300 words max)
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.