Office of Advocacy & Student Representation: OASR Lobbyist
Name: Jake Sedgley
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 1-10 hours/week
Start Date: Nov. 13, 2018
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0031-2963-2018
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 12, 2018
To lobby on behalf of the students of UC Davis, while building new lobbying skills as well as real political connections.
- Attend weekly Lobby Corps general meetings
- Participate in at least one issue specific committee
- Be able to travel to Sacramento with us about once a week or less
- Optional: Lead an issue-specific committee and attend one more meeting per week
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Policy or organizing background preferred, not required
- Involved elsewhere on campus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.