Unitrans: Office Clerk
Name: Jolena Pacheco
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 9-12 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2985-2018
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 15, 2018
Provide support, handle customer queries, and enter data in the Unitrans Business Office.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Receptionist in the Unitrans Business Office.
1. Answer phone calls on multiple lines.
2. Respond to inquiries on specific information regarding Unitrans service.
3. Give out accurate route and schedule information regarding Unitrans.
4. Handle customer complaints and commendations in a positive, amicable manner.
5. Take messages and forward phone calls as appropriate.
6. Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
7. Maintain the positive atmosphere of the Business Office.
8. Assist and direct customers with non-valuable lost and found items.
9. Handle bus pass transactions in the Business Office.
B. Transit Customer Outreach
1. Teach community members how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation.
2. Conduct personal trip planning assistance.
3. Disseminate information about Unitrans service options (routes, schedules, fares) at various venues.
4. Coordinate group presentations.
5. Accompany community members on bus routes, as needed.
C. Computer Data Entry
1. Enter daily passenger count data.
2. Complete data entry tasks by deadlines specified by Business Office Manager.
3. Any other duties assigned by the Business Office Manager.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
2. Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere.
3. Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
4. Ability to navigate GPS-based website system and operate MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
5. Good communication skills both on the phone and in person.
6. Must be able to learn Unitrans policy, procedures and routes. Knowledge of the campus and
city of Davis is preferred.
7. MUST be able to work summers and breaks.
8. Must be available to start training immediately.
1. Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
2. Know the Unitrans policy, routes, and procedures by heart.
3. Learn how to multitask.
4. Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
5. Hours are flexible.
6. Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.