Campus Center for the Environment: Outreach and Marketing Intern
Name: Olivia Gray
You can visit the Campus Center for the Environment website to learn more about them.
Payrate: 1-2 Units of Credit/Quarter
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 7, 2019
Job Number: 0022-2987-2018
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 30, 2018
The Outreach and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with the other directors to manage all outreach and marketing for composting, garden, and other educational workshops. This includes the creation of Facebook event pages, emailing of listservs, distribution of fliers, posting reminders on the Instagram & Facebook pages, finding other student groups that may have a particular interest in a specific workshop to partner with them, etc. The director will attend these events and be responsible for taking pictures that will later be used as materials for marketing.
- Researching other campus organizations to collaborate with
- Monitoring and maintaining presence on social media
- Creating educational materials for workshops or presentations on measures of sustainability with collaboration of Education intern
- Finding ways to increase member participation
- Photographing events (historian)
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Familiar with on-campus organizations
- Creative and self-motivated
- Desire to gain experience in collaborative work
- Good project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with using & posting on social media
- Graphic design (or Canva) knowledge preferred, not required
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.