Campus Center for the Environment: Vermicompost Intern
Name: Olivia Gray
You can visit the Campus Center for the Environment website to learn more about them.
Payrate: 1-2 Units of Credit/Quarter
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 7, 2019
Job Number: 0022-2988-2018
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 30, 2018
The Vermicomposting Intern is expected to assist in current activities performed by the vermicomposting team, such as worm maintenance and workshops, but is also encouraged to implement other personal projects involving worm compost. A huge focus of the internship will be expanding our realm of knowledge about vermicomposting, through experimentation and research, as well as expanding our influence beyond the University, through outreach efforts to members and organizations in the Davis community. This internship has a lot of freedom to potentially do amazing work for the benefit of environment while also having a lot of fun meeting new people and getting your hands dirty!
- Managing the worm population
- Creating spreadsheets to document worm health and food consumption
- Managing Volunteers
- Assisting in Worm Workshops
- Vermicomposting Publicity
- Constructing Worm Bins
- Reconstructing an outdoor Worm Bench
- Outreach to Davis public schools, and other community groups
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Quick Learner
- Great interpersonal skills
- Relative Comfort with Public speaking
- Prior knowledge of vermicomposting methods preferred
- Desire to educate others
- Strong planning and leadership skills
- Must not mind getting dirty and handling worms!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.