Campus Center for the Environment: Education Intern
Name: Olivia Gray
You can visit the Campus Center for the Environment website to learn more about them.
Payrate: 1-2 Units of Credit/Quarter
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 7, 2019
Job Number: 0022-2989-2018
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 30, 2018
The Education Intern will collaborate with the Outreach & Marketing Intern to design creative educational materials. Educational content can range from informing students about the UC Davis waste stream to introductory points about environmental justice. The responsibilities of the intern includes researching, creating, and designing content for educational materials - ranging from workshops, tabling materials, tabling activities, pamphlets, infographics, presentations, and powerpoints. This position will help you learn how to collaborate with various CCE members, manage multiple projects, oversee and collaborate with various teams, and create effective educational materials. They also will collaborate with the Project Challenge intern to research ideas and info for the Project Challenge newsletter. At the start of the quarter they will research places in the Davis community for our unit to take field trips together, including descriptions of potential field trip locations and appropriate contact information for each trip in a google doc.
- Researching, creating, and designing content for educational materials in a variety of formats
- Updating and creating new tabling materials
- Creating educational materials for workshops or presentations on measures of sustainability
- Public speaking & organizing educational events for CCE & Project Compost
- Organizing field trips & potential collaboration places
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passionate about sustainability
- Creative and self-motivated
- Desire to gain experience in collaborative work
- Good project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.