Whole Earth Festival: Crafts Booth Coordinator
Name: Tinka Peterka
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $400.05 one-time stipend (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5 hours/week
Start Date: Nov. 21, 2018
End Date: May 13, 2019
Job Number: 0021-2991-2018
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 14, 2018
The Crafts Booth Coordinator will select vendors for the festival and submit all required paperwork to the university, as well as direct and manage booth set-up before and during the festival.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
- Publicize applications for the festival
- Work closely with Publicity Coordinator to post application period on social media
- Secure all necessary equipment for booth set-up by proving your needs list to the Logistics Coordinators
- Ensure all vendor products meet festival and university requirements
- Organize for all vendors to submit appropriate mayments and paperwork to the festival and university
- Work closely with Parking Coordinators to organize venor arrivals and departures, as well as permits
- Communicate efficiently with vendors during application periods and during the festival
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help direct and oversee vendors' needs before, during, and after the festival
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings Wednesday @ 7PM, starting late November until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 10-12, 2019
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 8 & 9, 2019) and the day after the festival (May 13, 2019)
- Must submit a monthly Staff Report to Directors online
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Interested in leadership positions
- Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Excellent communication
- Works well with others
- Experience in leadership or event planning preferred
- Experience in customer service required
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.