Whole Earth Festival: Chaos Control Foods Coordinator (2)
Name: Tinka Peterka
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $400.05 one-time stipend (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5 hours/week
Start Date: Nov. 21, 2018
End Date: May 13, 2019
Job Number: 0021-2993-2018
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 14, 2018
The purpose of the Chaos Control Foods Coordinator is to provide healthy vegetarian meals for the Whole Earth Festival Staff and Volunteers. You will work with a professional chef to develop a menu, cook
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
- Hire chef for the festival
- Provide a materials list to the Logistics Coordinators for all non-food needs
- Work with campus EH&S to insure that you are complying with university health codes
- Source and purchase ingredients for the Chaos Control (CC) Food Booth
- Distribute meal tickets and communicate with sta and volunteers about meals
- Serve food alongside a professional chef during the festival
- Set up and clean up the food booth before and after the festival
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help run the food booth during the festival
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Good communication
- Works well with others
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.