Picnic Day: Business Director
Name: Grace Scott
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $600 Stipend (pending budget)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 23, 2015
End Date: May 30, 2016
Job Number: 0004-0301-2015
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 6, 2015
- To manage and oversee (with the Chair) the ASUCD budget for Picnic Day and to obtain sponsors for Picnic Day
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Coordinates purchase orders, reimbursements, recharges, reviews monthly budget statements and other business functions.
- Advises Chair on budget matters.
- Updates and revises sponsorship package.
- Works with the Chair to find cultivate relationships with business partners and obtain sponsorships.
- Also, coordinates with the Chair on ordering office supplies, T-shirts, frisbees, and sweatshirts.
- Coordinates staffing and volunteers for info booths on the day of.
- Coordinates training for board about business processes.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises Assistant Directors
- After Picnic Day, assists the Chair in preparing the budget for the following fiscal year.
- Prepares end-of year board report.
- Attends weekly Board meetings.
- Holds mandatory office hours each week beginning Fall Quarter.
1. Organizational skills
2. Communication skills
3. Time-management skills
4. Negotiation skills
5. Attention to detail
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Picnic Day Business Director? (200 words max)
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.