Student Government: Staffer for Senator Noah Pearl
Name: Noah Pearl
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 hrs/week
Start Date: Jan. 16, 2019
End Date: Dec. 13, 2019
Job Number: 0008-3013-2018
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 16, 2019
To aid Senator Noah Pearl in community outreach, media and communications, organization, and drafting legislation. May need to attend certain commission/committee meetings, bi-weekly staff meetings.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Depending on your strengths, I will assign different positions such as communications, chief of staff, etc.
Some general responsibilities:
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
- Engage in community outreach by attending certain committee, commission, and club meetings
- Help draft new legislation and work on getting it passed
- Upkeep social media presence and help draft official statements
- Organize schedule of various meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong-spoken, I want to hear your ideas too
- Willingness to work hard
- General knowledge of ASUCD helpful, but NOT required
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.